Below, we’ve collected some great Social Media stories about how to win an SEO battle for your name, or a list of words that Google Instant blacklists. Tech & Mobile can help you get a job in social gaming or reveal which Sci-Fi predictions actually came true. Business comes loaded with productivity tips, ways to use Google Voice for your business, and some emerging trends in online brand campaigns.
Looking for even more social media resources? This guide appears every weekend, and you can check out all the lists-gone-by here any time.
- Exclusive: Trent Reznor on ‘The Social Network’ [INTERVIEW]
As the premiere of ‘The Social Network’ approaches, we decided to talk with Reznor about scoring a movie in its entirety, among other things.
- How and Why PepsiCo Engages in Social Good [VIDEO]
We had an opportunity to chat more in-depth with Bough about how Refresh is going, what it means for PepsiCo and its various brands, and what’s next for the project.
- ‘The Social Network’: Mashable’s Complete Movie Review
‘The Social Network’ is more than just the story of one website; it is both a micro and macro look at success, failure and the trappings of ego and greed.
- Which Words Does Google Instant Blacklist?
You have to hit enter to confirm, yes, you really do want to know about something in some way related to bisexuals or lesbians.
- Tech Entrepreneurs Discuss ‘The Social Network’ [VIDEO]
We followed up our Mashable New York screening of ‘The Social Network’ with a panel that discussed several of the prominent themes of the film.
- The Case For Social Media in Schools
Teachers and parents are often wary about using social media in the classroom. Here’s why the benefits outweigh the risks.
- 9 Creative Social Good Campaigns Worth Recognizing [Mashable Awards]
Many causes have leveraged the power of social media in some incredibly creative ways. In connection with the Mashable Awards nominations, we’ve highlighted the standouts.
- How NPR Is Leveraging the Twitter Generation [STATS]
NPR has just released a fascinating set of stats about its Twitter followers.
- HOW TO: Win the Search Rank Race for Your Name
In a world where almost 80% of hiring managers Google job candidates, it’s important to make sure that people can find the right ‘you.’ These tips can help.
- Minecraft: How Social Media Spawned a Gaming Sensation
The sandbox building and exploring game Minecraft has taken the web by storm, and it couldn’t have happened without social media. Here’s a look at its recent meteoric rise.
Tech & Mobile
- HOW TO: Score a Job in Social Gaming
Social gaming can be a tough industry to break into. We spoke with some pros to get a few tips on tackling the social gaming job market.
- 11 Astounding Sci-Fi Predictions That Came True
Decades, even centuries ago, some of literature’s most creative minds imagined — with eerie accuracy — some of the high technology many of us take for granted today.
- 7 Ways Mobile Apps are Enriching Historical Tourism
Wish you could get more out of sightseeing without expensive books and hired guides? Mobile apps are changing historical tourism, and these 7 are particularly intriguing.
- The Evolution of the Apple Mouse [PICS]
We’ve taken a look at Apple’s input device — the humble mouse — to see how the design has changed from way back in the early 80s right up to today.
- A Detailed Look at Apple and Google’s Fight for Mobile Developer Attention
Google’s Android platform continues to be where developers see the most longterm potential, especially when powering multiple types of devices.
- 11 Trends in Web Logo Design: The Good, the Bad and the Overused
Good design, like any art or fashion, has roots. What’s hot in web logos right now, and what’s been done to death? Check out this detailed rundown of the biggest trends.
- How Popular Is the iPhone, Really? [INFOGRAPHIC]
While the iPhone is a very popular smartphone, Apple’s overall share in the mobile phone market is still very low compared to giants such as Nokia and Samsung.
- 10 iPhone Apps for the Global Foodie
Let your taste buds rejoice! We’ve found 10 iPhone apps to help adventurous foodies explore and enjoy the best international dishes.
- 10 Killer Firefox Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts
These simple but powerful tips and tricks for the open source browser will have you cruising the web faster and smarter in no time.
- How the iPad Is Transforming Web Design
In the last few months, several high-profile websites have adjusted their designs to look and feel more like the iPad. We’re dubbing this, the ‘iPadification of the web.’
- DROID R2-D2: The Unboxing [VIDEO]
The DROID R2-D2 is here and Mashable has a rundown of the all the special features that will make any ‘Star Wars’ fan swoon.
- 10 Incredible Inventions from The World Maker Faire [PICS]
The World Maker Faire is an impossible density of coolness, but these 10 exhibits stood out.
- 10 Stories Beautifully Told with Animated Typography [VIDEOS]
Moving type, or ‘kinetic typography,’ is a clever way to make simple text cut through the visual clutter of today’s online world. We’ve hand-picked 10 great video examples.
- Connected TV: The New Battle for Your Living Room [INFOGRAPHIC]
Apple TV, the Boxee Box, and Roku are finally bringing web entertainment to the living room. How do these products stack up? Check out this detailed price and feature comparison chart.
- 3 Business Tools to Spice Up Boring Work Tasks
While there’s no escaping boring work tasks, newer web and mobile apps, like Prezi, inDinero and Expensify, make the time spent doing them much less arduous.
- 37 Productivity Tips for Working From Anywhere
These days, your office is your laptop, whether you’re in a cubicle, a coffee shop, or on a plane. We asked professionals for their best advice on getting things done no matter where you work.
- 6 Free Web Tools for Managing Time Differences
Conducting business with international clients can mean more than just a language barrier — there can be a time barrier as well. These web apps can keep your biz organized across time zones.
- HOW TO: Advertise Inside Social Games on Facebook
One of the most effective new ways for companies to reach consumers on Facebook is to advertise inside social games. Check out these key strategies.
- Top 5 Emerging Brand Trends on Facebook
Big brands are finally keyed in to the power of social marketing on Facebook, and they’re launching some impressive campaigns. Keep an eye on these five important trends.
- 5 Ways to Use Google Voice for Your Business
Google Voice can greatly improve the efficiency of your business’s phone communications, and save you money. Check out 5 easy implementations for the office.
- Why We Need to Reframe the ‘Women in Tech’ Debate
While the media decry the lack of women in tech, the numbers paint a different picture. It’s time to change the discussion around female entrepreneurship.
- How Social Media Marketers Can Convert Attention Into Action
It’s one thing to start a conversation on the social web. It’s another to convert that into a sale for your business. But keen analysis of your strategy can boost the odds.
- Why Product Reviews Can Drive Group Buying Success for Retailers
Group buying sites like Groupon represent a major potential market for small businesses, but with money lost on every sale, it takes something special to succeed.