Another beautiful summer week brings another beautiful social media round-up. In case you missed any of the resources published here on Mashable, we’ve got them all laid out in neat little sections for your perusal.
This week we looked at some great podcasts for summer listening, some hilarious infomercials on YouTube and some awesome trailers from Comic-Con 2010.
Tech and mobile fans will be pleased to see stories on the new Samsung Galaxy S, a look back at the last five years in mobile, and an interview with superb designer Jesse Thomas.
If you need some business tips and advice, we’ve got ways to promote your brand on YouTube, how social media can make you more productive, and ways to include multimedia on your website.
Looking for even more social media resources? You can find this guide every weekend, and check out all of the lists-gone-by.
- HOW TO: Put Facebook’s ‘Like’ Button on Any Website
There are still millions of web pages, blog posts and videos without ‘Like’ buttons. Here’s how to make them all more social.
- 5 Tips for Aspiring Social Media Marketers
We’ve gathered eight of the brightest minds in the social media industry to elaborate on five helpful tips for landing a job in social media marketing.
- Top 20 Sites to Improve Your Twitter Experience
We compiled a list of the top 20 third-party websites for making your Twitter experience more useful and easier to manage.
- 10 Best ‘Worst’ Infomercials on YouTube [VIDEOS]
We’ve taken a long, hard look at the art form that is the infomercial to bring you ten of the wackiest on YouTube.
- 10 Best Apple iPad Stands
We’ve scoured the web for the best iPad stands known to man, and have pulled together a top 10 of products we’d be happy to see holding our iPads in place.
- 10 Cool Crowdsourced Music Video Projects
Here are 10 awesome examples of crowdsourced music, both completed and ongoing. If you’re feeling social, why not jump in and get involved?
- 7 Superb Podcasts for Summer Listening
Whether you’re looking for comedy, tragedy or just a good yarn, these seven podcasts are required listening for anyone under a beach umbrella this summer.
- 5 Biggest Movie Trailers of Comic-Con 2010
We have the trailers from five of the hottest movies of Comic-Con 2010: Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Tron: Legacy, Red, Sucker Punch and Machete.
- 5 Ways Facebook Questions Can Be Improved
Because the new feature is still in beta and not yet available to all users, we thought we’d provide feedback on what the feature is missing and how some of the gaps could be bridged.
- HOW TO: Enhance Your Online Presence with Video
While everyone likes to watch online videos, it’s a little more difficult to produce your own high quality clips. Here are some tips.
- 10 Best Viral Video Remixes on YouTube
You know a viral video has made it into the zeitgeist when it gets remixed. From Leeroy Jenkins to Chris Crocker, these amusing remixes take a meme and make it even more memorable.
Tech & Mobile
- Top 10 Accessories for Typography Nuts [PICS]
We’ve searched the web for typographical accessories that will brighten up your office space, home, and maybe even your personal style with font-based fun.
- 5 Awesome Apple iPad Mods [VIDEOS]
Here we bring you five more cool iPad creations that take the tablet device and mod it into something bigger, better or just more fun. Enjoy!
- HOW TO: Send an Audio Tweet
Whether you want to rant, sing happy birthday, or make a heartfelt apology, we’ve found five services that can send your voice out into the Twitterverse for free.
- Samsung Galaxy S: Hands-On with the Latest Android Smartphone [REVIEW]
A hands-on review of AT&T’s version of the Samsung Galaxy S, the Samsung Captivate.
- Inside the Mind of One of the Web’s Hottest Designers [INTERVIEW]
Jesse Thomas (better known as ‘JESS3″) talks to Mashable about his success as an interaction developer with some of the biggest companies on the web.
- A Look Back at the Last 5 Years in Mobile
Five years ago, the mobile landscape was in many ways, a world apart from where we are now. This post takes a look back at where we’ve been and where we’re going.
- 15 Developer/Hacker Women to Follow on Twitter
With a big hat-tip to all our friends on Twitter who recommended these women, here are 15 technically skilled women to follow.
- HOW TO: Implement Google Font API on Your Website
Google Font API is poised to revolutionize the way typefaces work on the web. Here’s a comprehensive guide to how it works, and how to implement it on your site.
- HOW TO: Use Annotations to Promote Your Brand on YouTube
With a little creative planning, annotations can add a dimension of interactivity and entertainment to your YouTube videos that audiences will appreciate.
- HOW TO: Help Employees Talk About Your Brand Online
For many brand managers, employees’ actions online remain a daunting, untamed frontier. Here are a few pointers on using the Internet in brand-friendly ways.
- HOW TO: Add Multimedia to Your Blog
A site without multimedia is like a cupcake without icing: Functional but lacking. Here are some simple resources for adding audio, photo or video to your blog.
- How Social Media Can Make Us More Productive
Social media allows professionals to get things done more efficiently, but there’s a fine line between multi-tasking and distraction. It’s all in how you use it.
- Why You Need to Monitor and Measure Your Brand on Social Media
Monitoring and measuring your brand’s social media presence is important. Though there is some overlap in business goals, these processes are distinct. Here’s why.
- How an Ambitious Startup Wants to Revolutionize Banking
We spoke to the co-founder of Banksimple to talk about why traditional banks are lacking, and how his new startup plans to shake up the personal finance space.